[pmwiki-users] Blog proposal

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Dec 15 09:11:38 CST 2005

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 04:02:23PM +0100, sven saurwein wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> >* Posting a blog entry is as simple as adding (:blog:) to the markup
> >  of any page.  When a page containing (:blog:) is saved, that page
> >  is automatically added to the blog trail page if it's not already
> >  listed.  (The author must have write permissions to the blog trail
> >  page.)
>
> >* We may have a special ?action=newblog that can be used to
> >  automatically drop an author into an editor with the pagename
> >  constructed from the current date, a serial number, or a
> >  combination of the two (configurable).
>

> Dont these 2 statements collide regarding the pagenames?

No, they're just two different approaches to creating blog entries.
For authors that don't want to have to come up with a name for
every blog entry, they can simply use ?action=newblog, which
automatically generates a pagename for them based on the current
date, and comes up in an edit page with "(:blog:)" already entered
at the top of the page.

However, authors can also choose to simply create a new (named)
page, and enter (:blog:) to have that page added to the blog trail.

An author can even choose to do both in the same blog; i.e., have
some pages named by date and other pages named with names.  They aren't
mutually exclusive.