[pmwiki-users] Category Markup

DaveG pmwiki at solidgone.com
Fri Dec 16 22:09:07 CST 2005

In order make the category markup a little more user friendly, and in
order to get the categories in the header, I created a markup:

    Markup('^Tags:', 'directives', '/^Tag(s?):\s(.*)/ie',
       "PZZ(\$GLOBALS['Categories']=format_Categories('$2'))");

that takes: "Tags: tag1, tag2, tag3"

and creates the a $GLOBAL in the normal pmwiki format "[[!tag1]],
[[!tag2]], [[!tag3]]"

I then reference the $GLOBAL in the skin template header.

Great. Works fine. Until... clearly the problem is that when I use
"(:pagelist '[[!{$Name}]]' list=normal:)" in the Category.GroupFooter,
no pages are listed. Given the only unique part of the markup is the
"Tag: ", is it possible to create a pagelist that will show the pages?
If not is this something that the new improved pagelist will be able to do?

Alternatively, is there a mechanism in PmWiki to convert text (or apply
a 'markup' like function to the text) to true PmWiki format when the
user pushes save, and then convert to simple format when the user hits Edit?

  ~ ~ Dave