[pmwiki-users] Help for Recent Changes function

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 14:17:19 CST 2005

On 12/19/05, Susan <pmwiki at onebit.ca> wrote:
> Still working on the skin.
>
> I've noticed four different versions of Recent Changes, and would like to
> know the differences.
>
> 1. Top of the default template.
>   $[Recent Changes]
>   </a> -
>
> 2. Bottom of the default template.
>    $[Recent Changes]
>    </a> -

1 and 2 are links to the same page, namely $Group.RecentChanges. The
only difference is that 1 also defines and access key for the link
(which only needs to be defined once per page). An access key is a
keybourd shortcut for that link.

Note that "$Group" in "$Group.RecentChanges" is replaced with the
current group. So if your viewing a page named "Susan.SomePage" the
the link would point to
"Susan.RecentChanges"

> 3. Sidebar of www.pmwiki.org (not in default template, so I don't know the php)
>    www.pmwiki.org/Site/AllRecentChanges
>    (URL does not change with group.)
>
> 4. Sidebar of www.pmwiki.org (not in default template, so I don't know the php)
>    www.pmwiki.org/Site/AllRecentChangesShort
>
> (I'm guessing the only difference between 3 and 4 is the number of
> changes listed.)

That's correct.

> Also, how do I list the changes for the entire site, rather than a single
> group?

This is were Site.AllRecentChanges comes in. It should list all pages
that have recently been edited, regardless of group. The best way to
represent this would be as $SiteGroup.AllRecentChanges in either the
template of wiki markup. That way, if the default group (currently
Site) if every changed (via config.php), the links will automaticly
reflect that change. So:

--
----
Waylan Limberg