[pmwiki-users] New page issues?

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 14:17:38 CST 2005

On 12/20/05, Mark Moorcroft <mmoorcroft at mail.arc.nasa.gov> wrote:
> I am brand new to PMWiki and so far the setup has gone pretty smoothly. I am
> having an issue with adding new pages. According to the instructions I have
> edited the sidebar to add the page. It then appears in the list with a question
> mark beside it as expected. The trouble is that once some content is added to
> the page the question mark persists depending on what item in the sidebar is
> selected. It's as if you must re-enter the same same content several times to
> assure it appears relative to every other sidebar link.

My guess is that when you say "depending on what item in the sidebar
is selected." you mean when viewing different pages. I am also
assuming that these different pages are in different groups. My guess
is that the links you added to the sidebar did not specify a group, so
when you are in GroupA, it looks for the page in GroupA, but when
viewing a page in GroupB, it only looks for the page in GroupB,
doesn't find it and tells you the page needs to be created. The
workaround is to have all links in the sidebar include the group the
page belongs to: GroupA.SomePage GroupB.AnotherPage etc.

If you notice, I did a lot of assuming and guessing above, so if I'm
off base, you'll need to provide more specific information. Perhaps a
link to the site, or an example of the problem.

--
----
Waylan Limberg
waylan at gmail.com