[pmwiki-users] PublishPDF doesn't work with really clean urls

James Davis jdavis at lighthouse.tamucc.edu
Wed Dec 21 16:35:58 CST 2005

John,

I am in the process of setting up the PublishPDF library for our site,
but I can't get it to generate PDFs when accessing our site with really
clean urls. The following url shows an example of what happens:

http://wip.cbi.tamucc.edu/Forecasts/HomePage?action=print&ptype=print&format=makepdf

As you can see, it takes you to the home page of our site instead of a
pdf document (at least that's what it does for me).

These urls work, however:

http://wip.cbi.tamucc.edu/wiki/Forecasts/HomePage?action=print&ptype=print&format=makepdf
http://wip.cbi.tamucc.edu/dnrwiki/index.php/Forecasts/HomePage?action=print&ptype=print&format=makepdf
http://wip.cbi.tamucc.edu/dnrwiki/index.php?n=Forecasts.HomePage&action=print&ptype=print&format=makepdf

This seems like it is a problem on the publishing server side, but I
have not looked at the code yet. The following are the relevant apache
directives we use for clean urls:

AliasMatch      ^/([A-Z].*)     /u3/pharosdb/www/dnrwiki/index.php/$1
Alias           /wiki /u3/pharosdb/www/dnrwiki/index.php

/u3/pharosdb/www/dnrwiki/ is a field in a WikiFarm.

Any ideas you have on why this doesn't work are appreciated.

Thanks,

--
James Davis
Systems Programmer II