[pmwiki-users] Re: Root README.txt With a docs/ Directory

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Dec 30 12:16:39 CST 2005

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 12:25:08PM -0500, Waylan Limberg wrote:
> That wasn't clear to me at first. I was working on a unconnected
> machine, and after spending a few weeks going back and forth between
> two machines checking the docs at pmwiki.org and making adjustments, I
> finally realized everything was right there. Pointing that out in a
> README file would have clued me in much quicker, as that would have
> been the first thing I looked at after unpacking the download. I'd
> really like to see this implemented as well.

Noted.

> ... If there are instructions to move the sample-config.php file when
> [renaming] it, I missed them.

At the top of sample-config.php:

    <?php if (!defined('PmWiki')) exit();
    ##  This is a sample config.php file.  To use this file, copy it to
    ##  local/config.php, then edit it for whatever customizations you want.

:-)

> It would have made more sense to me it
> put the sample either in the local dir, or in some dir that it would
> obviosly need to be moved from (like sample/ etc.).

Noted.  Out of curiosity, how long do you think it would've taken
you to find the sample-config.php file in local/ instead of the root?