[pmwiki-users] UserAuth - corrections & improvements

Patrick Ogay lists at basel-inside.ch
Wed Feb 2 09:55:29 CST 2005

I like to implement a user based authorization and I was glad to find
James McDuffie's UserAuth
Still I have some problems with it.

>>**The most visible  problems are:
*After login, no page is assigned (my main-group "not protectet" through
attr read=nopass)
*When analyzing I remark the the $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'] has strange values
   Logout for example is generated with request_uri:
http://www.ddy.ch/pm/laden/pm.wiki/
%3Ca%20class='wikilink'%20href='http://www.ddy.ch/pm/laden/pm.wiki/PmDev/HomePage'%3EPmDev%3C/a%3E/
Migration2?action=logout
(the middle part seems to be SERVER['REQUEST_URI'])

>>**A  problem of functionality:
I can log in with any user, an he/she has read-access to all of the groups,.
I checked the routine CheckWikiPassword - it returns always true,
although the user is *not* assigned  to the group (read_group-Blug)  and
has no read_all attribute.  I can not figuere out where the problem is.

I expected that the wiki-group-password is prompted, as in the normal
read-case
Or do I missunderstand something, I like to have private readprotected
groups.

I'm working on this problems, to get a functional feature.
If somebody's interested to give feedback and hints (as other people had
problems with AuthUser).
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UserAuthDevel    (some documentation
of my tests)

Regards