[Pmwiki-users] Include bug or feature

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 2 10:54:15 CST 2005

On Thu, Feb 03, 2005 at 03:42:28AM +1300, Robin wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 February 2005 07:27, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > Anyway, it's clear that it's being disallowed in the code for some
> > reason, so I just have to remind myself why it might be doing that.
> It's not something like including an include that includes an include that
> includes....?

No, that's controlled by the $MaxIncludes variable.  I seem to recall
it had something to do with dealing with invalid (:include:) syntax,
as in:

   (:include !@$ lines=10:)

IIRC the problem is the conversion of the "!@$" in the above becomes
the current page, which leads to bizarre things, and I was trying to
avoid that without requiring the second argument to be a perfectly
formatted pagename.