[pmwiki-users] Idea: Opera-like address field on the wiki page

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Wed Feb 2 16:24:45 CST 2005

At 2005-02-02  11:00 PM +0100, chr at home.se is rumored to have said:
>Does this make sense? Is it too advanced for normal users?

Somewhat and yes.

All of the browsers I have tried handle ambiguous entries differently. If I
enter "pmwiki", do I want to go to http://www.pmwiki.com/? Or do I want to
search for "pwwiki" on some search engine? Which one? IE forces you to MSN.

Most web sites seem to default to local searches in their "search" box, and
that is the behavior I expect. Some allow you to broaden the search with
radio buttons (search us, search the web).

I would strongly advise against changing the way search works on PmWiki.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668