[pmwiki-users] Request for ideas -- edit page improvements

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 2 16:54:50 CST 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 03:33:01PM -0900, Chris Lott wrote:
> +1 on the edit summary box
> +1 on an eject button that takes one back to the page currently being
> edited, without changes
> +1 on "save and keep editing"

Add votes to http://www.pmwiki.org/PITS/00307, if you haven't
done so already.  :-)

> A capability for uploading multiple attachments at once would be
> incredibly cool.

Unfortunately, current browsers don't have any sort of support for this.
It's likely not even possible as a Java applet due to the security
implications involved.

The best we've theorized so far is that someone would combine all of
the desired attachments into a zip or tar archive, then upload that
to the server and let the server unpack the archive into the appropriate
place.  But this makes enforcing file-size, filename, file extension,
quota, and other security restrictions quite a bit more difficult.

> I'd like to see an automatic "discuss this page" kind of mechanism as
> well that could populate a "discuss" tab on every page-- though this
> might already exist and is at best tangential :)

I'm working on the details for this -- it's pretty clear that it's
needed for pmwiki.org and a number of other sites.