[pmwiki-users] using PITS as a project manager [was: draft/Subpageish stuff]

Knut Alboldt pmwiki at alboldt.de
Sun Feb 6 15:28:49 CST 2005

Hi John !

 >John Rankin schrieb:
>

> We are on the way to having a modified (well, re-written actually)
> version of PITS that lets you
>
> - set up a form template as a wiki page, from which the script
>   generates a suitable form (with options for pick lists, radio
>   buttons, wiki categories, and so on)
>
> - edit pages using the same form as for creating pages (each page
>   automatically gains an 'Edit Form' link)
>
> - use the form template to specify which fields to include in a summary
>   page list, and whether to sort a column ascending or descending
>
> Is this of interest?

Oh yes !

Since Dec last year I'm working on a Configuration Management (with
pmwikidraw) and Problem Management solution with pmwiki. I've got it
working with some kind of "fields" within a page (just a line in the
format of "fieldname:: fieldcontents") and some "list"-markup to get
tables by selecting fields, sorting and filtering (like : (:listfields
listname:). The specifications for the lists (e.g. listname) are not yet
implemented as wiki-page-text (like PITS - I'm still working on that
part) but rather static within the config.php as functions. Another
thing that's still missing is what you're working on: entering the
fields in a form (new pages and edit exsiting). Right now the users
enter their field values in a usual wiki-text-page (and so they can
misspell fieldnames and input wrong field-values). So I'm very
interested in your solution ! It sounds that its rather flexible using
forms as input for wiki-pages, not only for creating a PITS, right ?
(Just mailed with Ciaran to check out if the FGS is working in V2 and he
said he's using it well)

Knut