[pmwiki-users] Re: Unclear which 'restore'-link to press when restoring a page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 7 16:52:17 CST 2005

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 05:35:13PM -0500, Tom Holroyd wrote:

> > I'm not in favor of having the "restore" capability be called "edit",
> > because that's not the operation an author/editor is looking for.
>
> I don't suppose there could be TWO buttons, one that goes to the
> edit page, and another that is the equivalent of edit + save?

The problem with "edit + save" is that it has to be a form button
and not a simple "<a href=...>" link, unless you want various poorly-behaved
robots to be activating all of your "edit+save" restore links for you.
1/2 :-)

> And since there seem to be many preferences for the button text,
> how about making it a config.php item?

It *is* a config.php item (as are most things) -- just set the
value of $DiffRestoreFmt:

    $DiffRestoreFmt = "<div class='diffrestore'><a
      href='\$PageUrl?action=edit&amp;restore=\$DiffId'>Edit page without
      above changes</a></div>";

Or if you want the edit+save all-in-one functionality, then maybe (untested):

    $DiffRestoreFmt = "<div class='diffrestore'><form method='POST'
      action='\$PageUrl'><input type='hidden' name='n' value='\$FullName'
      /><input type='hidden' name='restore' value='\$DiffId'
      /><input type='submit' name='post'
      value=' Save page without above changes ' /></form></div>";

The real question here is "What should PmWiki default to?"