[pmwiki-users] Directive to extract bullet list (was: Including itself)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Tue Feb 8 13:35:38 CST 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 08:02:40PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> > The purpose is to let me write and maintain a list of groups in two
> > ways at once, where the list is used as...
> > * .. a bullet list of links to the group home pages
> > * .. a list describing what each group contains
> >
> > However, if I just include Site.GroupList as above the sidebar
> > will look bad. So instead, I'd like a directive that can be used to
> > extract a bullet list from a page without the extra text.
>
> How about:
>
>    (:pagelist trail=Site.GroupList fmt=simple :)

That's pretty good, except that it fails pretty ugly when the target page
doesn't exist, see

	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/ExtractListFailure

and it doesn't handle an item such as

* [[Main -> Main/HomePage]] - the main group

the way I'd like it... i.e. the result right now is 'Main.HomePage', but
I'd like it to simply be 'Main'.

/Christian