[pmwiki-users] Disjointed Display

Wade Hudson whudson at igc.org
Thu Feb 10 00:59:38 CST 2005

> And if you are changing the #right to position:absolute;
> you may as well replace both the left and right style definitions
> with:
>
> #left{  float:left;
>         width:14em;
>      }
> #right{ position:absolute;
>         top:1em;
>         left:15em;
>      }
>
> This defines the sidebar width in proportional em units rather than
> percentage of the window. It will have a better result when the
> browser window is made smaller.
>
> Best,
> ~Hans

My webmaster believes that "this suggestion would disable the auto
resizing, which is the wrong way to go...."

The two users who had the problem were using a 800X600 screen res. I've
just asked them to change that to 1024X768. Maybe that will solve their
problem.

Even if it does, I'd prefer to be able to prevent it occuring with
others.

To clarify. We're using the drop down skin. The problem is that the
entire right panel that should be at the top adjacent to the sidebar
appears below the sidebar, which forces the user to scroll down the
screen to see what should visible at the top.

Curiously, I get the same problem on my computer when I go to:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/DropDownSkin

Any other ideas?