[pmwiki-users] how to be a skin chef?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Feb 11 14:40:23 CST 2005

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 06:52:15AM +0530, V.Krishn wrote:
> Hello,
> I have made a skin, that looks similar to lean skin but with menus.
> Has a little "menu" problem in IE.
> Could you guide me with the process to make an Entry in PmWiki.org, including
> how to upload, or if there are any other eligibility criteria :).

Simply create a page within the cookbook linked from the
Skins page, at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Skins.  For
example, if your skin is called "NotebookSkin", you can create
a [[NotebookSkin]] link from the skins page and then describe
your skin there.

On the NotebookSkin page, attach a zip or tgz file containing the
files for your skin (e.g., Attach:notebookskin.zip).  The files
in the archive should be relative to the pub/skins/ directory,
as in:

     notebook/notebook.tmpl
     notebook/notebook.css
     notebook/skin.php
     notebook/something.gif

Then if you just send me a note I'll configure pmwiki.org to use that
skin for the NotebookSkin page, so others can see what it looks like.
(I also watch the skin pages for changes, but that's less reliably/
timely than just sending me a note about updates.)