[pmwiki-users] unbelievable: wikispam despite of password protection?

Robin robin at kallisti.net.nz
Sun Feb 13 07:24:05 CST 2005

On Sunday 13 February 2005 09:24, Nils Knappmeier wrote:
> OK, you wrote the password directly into the page. Maybe an image would
> do better. Something captcha-like. I'd write the password into the nice
> penguin on the page maybe.
> and take a password that isn't so easy guessable.
I doubt people are writing bots that pick out 'the password is xxxx' from
the page. I'd say it was more likely that they do something like have the
bot alert them if it's password protected and they can check the page to
see if there is mention of a password on it.

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>             JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D