[pmwiki-users] EmacsPmWikiMode?? Another Newb question...:)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Feb 13 11:18:40 CST 2005

On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 08:10:37PM -0500, Grorge J. De Bruin wrote:
> I've been cruising through the cookbook this
> evening, and came across the following page:
>    EmacsPmWikiMode
> Which appears to have nonthing on it...  History
> only shows some WikiSpam.

It's a pure spam page -- some spambot has Cookbook.EmacsPmWikiMode
in its list and chooses to spam it.  (EmacsPmWikiMode exists in the
Cookbook-V1 group, as it was primarily a v1 recipe.)

> This brings me to my next question. :)  Most
> likely, this page should be deleted.  I've noticed
> there are two ways to delete a page in pmWiki:
>
> 1) Use the delete action add on in the cookbook.
> or
> 2) Change the text of a page to only have the word
> 'delete' in it.
>
> As I have been initially working on my site, I
> have been using the 2nd method for deleting
> accidentally mis-named pages (after renaming them
> correctly).
>
> However, even after the page has been deleted, it
> still shows up in the RecentPages and
> AllRecentPages lists (or any other forms of
> (:pagelist :)), as a link to create a new page.
>
> Is there a way to add a filter to the (:pagelist
> :) directive to only display pages that have been
> created?  Or, more specifically, ignore pages that
> have been deleted?

Note that RecentChanges and AllRecentChanges are
not created using (:pagelist:).  They're just
wiki pages (like any other page) that are updated
whenever a page is changed.  So, when a page is
deleted, the links that exist on RecentChanges
become links to non-existent pages.  (This is as it
should be, so that people can see that pages have
been deleted and review things accordingly.)

The (:pagelist:) directive only displays pages that
exist -- it doesn't display pages that don't exist.
(If I'm wrong about this, point me to a url on
pmwiki.org or somewhere so I can look at it, since
that's the way (:pagelist:) is supposed to work.)