[pmwiki-users] wikiStyles and

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 14 15:56:56 CST 2005

On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 10:47:39PM +0100, malexism (f) wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud a ?crit :
> >you want your authors to be able to change the styles of headers,
> >titles, etc.,
>
> Yes, exactly. Not with *.GroupAttributes but *.GroupHeaders, may be !
> The idea is to have differents styles of paragraphs, titles, etc. (<p>,
> <h1>, <h2>...) in groups, if necessary.

This capability isn't 'built-in' to pmwiki.  However, we could certainly
create markup directives that would allow custom restyling of paragraphs
and other items on a per-group or per-page basis.   In the past I've
suggested having a (:css ... :) directive that could be used to define
CSS classes within a page; John Rankin proposed that we "hide" the CSS
from authors and call it (:style ... :) instead and use names other than
HTML tags.

Both approaches have merit -- we'd just have to figure out which way we want
things to go.