[pmwiki-users] advanced table directives question

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Feb 15 11:47:57 CST 2005

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 04:52:31PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Tuesday, February 15, 2005, 3:00:20 PM, John wrote:
> > To avoid confusion I would think all directives should be the same.
>
> > (:TABLE:) would get my vote.
>
> i personally dislike names which are all in capitals, i find them much
> more difficult to read, and i avod them whereever i can, never use them in
> html.

Ummm, there seems to be some confusion in this thread -- the choice
isn't (:table:) versus (:TABLE:) -- it's only whether we should
have this directive (and all directives) be case-insensitive such
that authors can be allowed to write either form and have it work.

Another possibility (local customization only) would be to allow authors
to type (:TABLE:) and have it be converted to (:table:) when saving.
This leaves everything consistent, but allows authors to type
in all-upper-case when it's more convenient.