[pmwiki-users] passwords

nexyufuli evo noskule at gmx.net
Tue Feb 15 14:28:58 CST 2005

Doug wrote:

>I looked at and read the page on
>
>     UserAuth
>
>but I'm still confused. I'm not able to figure out what I have to do to password protect at the user ID level.

1. put the useraut files in the /local directory

2. include it in config.php : include_once("userauth.php");

2. write the .password file in the /local directory.

GuestUser::read
admin:crypted-password:admin
username:crypted-password:rights

crypted-password = http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/UserAuth?action=crypt
and fill in the desired password

Example:
GuestUser::read
FredFlintstone:HWxwafxAweaXefafdae:read_all,edit
Admin:XwasgeGGGaaceexeadeE:admin

3. create a loginform somwhere in your page
[loginform]

4. login

Note:
* you cant see the .htpassword file over ftp access, you have to write
it local and load it up
* upload needs a separt password specified in config.php

I hope i dident forget somthing
grz nos