[pmwiki-users] Periodically clear WikiSandbox?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Feb 17 14:42:27 CST 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 09:29:20PM +0100, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 12:53:08PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > > I was hoping that there would be a facility which deleted all of the
> > > contents of the page and replaced it with a "this page is erased every x
> > > minutes" message. Authors could still see past experiments by using history.
> > [...]
> > One issue is that such "auto revisions" could end up with strange
> > author and IP addresses in the page's history, since the revision
> > happens silently as a result of someone browsing the page.
>
> Why not silently remove the file in wiki.d so that a default one from
> wikilib.d get's loaded?

This is in fact what the AutoRestore script does, except the default
page is drawn from wikirev.d/ instead of wikilib.d/.  (I'm opting to
leave wikilib.d/ for distributed files and scripts, although admins
can certainly do other things with it.)

Neil's post is wanting to restore the contents of the page but
preserve the page's history (presumably including the history that
the page contents were restored).