[pmwiki-users] PmWiki - Now with spell checking ;)

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 17:17:33 CST 2005

aspell can be compiled under windows as I understand it, so it should
be fine, however ideally I think na spell checker solution should be
able to be pure php if it can't find the relevant executables, this
would be the long term goal, unfortunately I have no time available at
the minute to take proper ownership of the problem so I've created the
recipe to stir interest, and hopefully foster a 'proper' solution..but
for me at least it works very well ;)
- Ciaran

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:20:33 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 09:07:53PM +0100, Knut Alboldt wrote:
> > Ciaran schrieb:
> > >Hi,
> > >I've released a spell-checking cookbook recipe, its very very rough,
> > >but does work
> > >http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SpellChecker  Looking for serious
> > >comment + feedback
> > >

> > Hey, that's a nice idea !
> >
> > I'll do a windows-test (with w2k, apache 1.3.27, php 4.3.) when beta22
> > is out !
>
> The SpellChecker currently relies on aspell -- I don't know how easy
> it is to get things working under windows.
>
> Also, I've configured SpellChecker into the cookbook page so people
> can play with it -- and cleaned it up a bit in the process.  I haven't
> replaced the cookbook's .zip file yet because the version I have
> will only run on pmwiki 2.0.beta22 or later (not released yet).
>
> Pm

- Ciaran
(I now have far too many G-Mail invites available, anyone who wants
one, gets one)