[pmwiki-users] Newbie question about template

zgrauer at earthlink.net zgrauer at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 21 12:08:02 CST 2005

Hi, I am new to pmwiki - and to wikis and web programming in general, so bear with my simple questions.

I have setup a wiki for the purpose of creating a compendium of information about materials.  I want to create a
template so that when a new page is created (by inserting a properly formatted link into an existing page), the new
page will have content beyond the title.  Specifically, somthing like:

Material name:

Commercial Name:

Formula:

Physical Properties:

etc. etc.

I presume there is a template way to do that? To be honest, I am not sure how to use the template pages as yet, as
they seem to have mostly variables in them, but that too will come.

Here is a link to the sandbox page I am working with - as you can see it is pretty bare...

http://www.freechem.org/pmwiki2/pmwiki.php?n=Main.AceticAcid

Thanks.

Zvi.