[pmwiki-users] upload filename problems

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Feb 23 12:27:55 CST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 06:10:59PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Wednesday, February 23, 2005, 4:47:00 PM, Neil wrote:
> > Under Windoze, there appears to be a problem with attachments that have
> > spaces in their names.
>
> > I can upload a file called "Herber bio.doc" without problem, but I can't
> > refer to it via the Attach: markup because that markup sees the space as
> > the end of the file name.
>
> You can enclose it with double square brackets:
> [[Attach:My Document.doc]]
> This works, but if it is an image file, it will not display the image.
>
> Could [[Attach:My Picture.jpg]] also show the image, and not just a
> link?

No, this is the markup used when someone wants a link to an image
without inlining the image, as in [[Attach:myimage.jpg]].
"Anything in [[...]] is always a link."

I don't have a good answer for the inline-image-with-spaces-in-the-filename
problem, other than to suggest not putting spaces in image filenames.  :-)