[pmwiki-users] Excel and CSV copy/paste into pmwiki?

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Thu Feb 24 12:57:25 CST 2005

At 2005-02-24  10:20 AM -0800, David Wierbiki is rumored to have said:
>Has anyone come up with a solution for allowing Excel or CSV worksheets to
>be pasted into pmwiki?  I saw there was one for v1 in the v1 Cookbook, but
>that involved more steps than my team can handle.  We really need to be
>able to collaborate our project as we're spread out all over the US, and
>pmwiki would be my first choice if the worksheet matter can be worked out.
>
>Thanks in advance for any assistance/guidance anyone can offer.

Dave

I have a similar requirement where multiple authors are working on
Word/Excel/Powerpoint/PDF documents. We use PmWiki as a repository for all
of the documents, but we don't attempt to have the documents in readable
form directly on a PmWIki page.

I have created a different group for each project and at the bottom of each
project (group) HomePage I have inserted the (:attachlist:) markup which
displays the files attached to that group. I have also inserted the
following markup to make it really easy for people to upload:

         !!!!!![[{$Name}?action=upload | Upload another File]]

So far, only one user has actually tried to edit a Word file in-situ. I
explained that he would have to download the current version and then
upload his changes and that was acceptable to him. Since we were talking
about an 11 meg Word file, it seemed like a good compromise to me.

It also completely avoids all the issues surrounding FTP.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668