[pmwiki-users] <div> markup suggestions...?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Feb 28 14:59:11 CST 2005

In the very near future I'm planning to add a (:div:) markup,
analogous to the (:table:) markup, that will create <div> elements
in the page output.  An author can supply arguments to the markup,
as in (:div id='menu':) or (:div class='Pm':).

However, it occurs to me that we'll quickly find cases where
(:div class='xyz':) deserves its own markup sequence.  For example,
instead of writing

   (:div class='Pm':)
   Here's a lot of stuff written by Pm, including
   * some
   * embedded
   * list
   * items
   (:divend:)

it would be nice to be able to have some character sequence that
is a shorter version of the above.  For sake of an example, assume
the sequence is two tildes at the beginning of a line...:

   ~~Pm
   Here's a lot of stuff written by Pm, including
   * some
   * embedded
   * list
   * items
   ~~

Anyone have any suggestions for appropriate markup for this?