[Pmwiki-users] PmWiki 2.0.beta16 released w/missing guiedit.js file

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Jan 11 09:33:23 CST 2005

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 04:08:07AM +1300, Robin wrote:

> One really tiny thing is that the old version used to detect the availability
> of PathInfo automagically. The new one had to be forced with
> $EnablePathInfo=1.

More precisely:  The old version used to make *guesses* about the
availability of PATH_INFO.  It was often wrong, causing lots of new
installations to be instantly hit by "404 Not Found Errors" and no real
clue where to look to diagnose/solve the problem.  After a couple of years
of this I decided it was better to simply default to non-PATH_INFO,
with an easy switch as described in sample-config.php.