[Pmwiki-users] a plea to all custom skin makers

Neil Herber nospam
Tue Jan 11 13:01:22 CST 2005

At 2005-01-11  05:35 PM +0000, Ciaran is rumored to have said:
>Hmm, I've not actually had this problem with the skins, which ones are
>causing you difficulty?
>-ciaran

* BeeblebroxNetGila  --- edit box gets pushed below end of sidebar in IE 6
* Lean Skin --- body text all centered in IE 6, headers and footers
centered on Edit page, everything centered on history page
* SchlaeferTwoSkin  ---  completely unusable in IE 6, but he states that up
front (bravo!), allowing me to discard it as a choice

Just to be perfectly clear:
1) I am not asking for any or all skins to work in IE or any particular
browser.
2) My clients have *no choice* as to the browser they use at work. It is IE.
3) I am asking that "skinners" put a compatibility note on their page to
avoid the inevitable, "This does not ..."  For an excellent example see:
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/GeminiSkin

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/