[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Disabling WikiWords for a page

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Jan 13 11:44:19 CST 2005

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 05:11:10PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:

> I want the best of both worlds. I was calling them "permanent links" but I
> don't think that is the best nomencalture. I want to be able to declare a
> word and have it rendered as a link whenever it appears.

I don't have a problem with adding this sort of capability into
intermap.txt and localmap.txt (which is likely where such mappings
belong), but we need a easy way to mark which ones are the traditional
InterMap links (requiring the colon) versus the new meanings.  And
it should probably be backwards-compatible; i.e., it shouldn't require
sites to have to update their existing localmap.txt files.