[Pmwiki-users] Marathon Skin Problem

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Jan 14 14:32:50 CST 2005

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 08:16:37PM +0000, Hans Bracker wrote:
> Friday, January 14, 2005, 7:18:47 PM, Patrick wrote:
> > You should be able to use !important or switch where the CSS files
> > are being loaded into the marathon skin to get what you want.
>
> The !important css rule is ignored by IE, in fact it ignores the
> statement completely if !important is added.
> See:
> http://www.makikoitoh.com/archives/2004/04/01/ie_important.php

Hmm, !important is working for me in IE 6.  I think that in order to get
!important to work in IE you have to make sure that it's the last thing
in each rule (i.e., IE doesn't understand multiple important declarations
within a single rule).

See http://www.pmichaud.com/sandbox/important.php, which works in my
version of IE at least.  (If it doesn't work in someone's browser,
let me know so I won't advise people incorrectly in the future.)