[Pmwiki-users] Backup wiki.d and uploads

Hans Bracker design
Tue Jan 18 08:58:06 CST 2005

Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 3:44:18 PM, Jonathan wrote:
> If you have shell access to the server, you might want to try rsync.
> I'm not sure if there's a Windows version if that's the OS your server
> is running, but I'd bet that there is.

I am using webspace from a public webhosting company, so i don't have
shell access (or more truthfully i don't know what shell access is).
But even if they offer some backup facility through the sites control
panel (it is c-panel) i would find it tedious to log on and use it.

ideally i would like an admin option added to pmwiki which would let
me perform a backup, or as Stefano suggested, creates a zipped file
with all the changed pages in a pmwiki/backup directory, which i can
then download through FTP with a mouseclick.

Best,
~Hans