[Pmwiki-users] RecentChanges much too slow

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Jan 18 09:18:52 CST 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 03:47:33PM +0100, Robert Hoehndorf wrote:

> I was using a PmWiki 1.0.12 until now on a site with quite a few
> changes. I would like to upgrade to the latest version of PmWiki2, so
> I installed a test version. Everything works fine, except the
> RecentChanges. They are much, much slower then on PmWiki1 (it takes
> more then 5 seconds to load, while before it took less then 1
> second).

Yes, I'm noticing this as well on pmwiki.org and working on a fix.  I'm
not exactly sure why it's taking so much longer.

> Perhaps if I could limit the results in the RecentChanges to 50 or so
> it would help, but I do not want to lose the rest of the changes, so
> there has to be at least some way to see all the changes.

Try creating Main.RecentChangesShort, and in that page put

   (:include Main.RecentChanges lines=50:)

Then Main.RecentChangesShort will display a 50-line version of the
RecentChanges page.