deleting or moving pages (was:Re: [Pmwiki-users] Creating Groups)

Neil Herber nospam
Wed Jan 19 07:06:36 CST 2005

At 2005-01-19  06:46 AM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 08:45:22AM +0000, Hans Bracker wrote:
> >
> > just to add: if you do this and pasted your content into new pages,
> > to delete the old pages have the single word "delete", (without "") in
> > the page and save. make sure there are no spaces before or after this
> > word.
>
>Just to add, in PmWiki v2 "delete" works even if there are spaces before or
>after it (controlled by $DeleteKeyPattern).  :-)
>
>Pm

Questions about deleting pages or moving them.

When I use the "delete" procedure, I find that the pages are not actually
deleted, but they are renamed with a long string of digits at the end.

1) What do these numbers mean?
2) Are they an encoded date?
3) Can I simply delete the files from wiki.d/ if I no longer want them?

Note that I see great value in *not* really deleting the files. If a vandal
decided to delete a page, it would still be there.

4) Can I recover a deleted page by simply truncating the name back to its
original?

I have moved pages between wikis by simply moving the files in wiki.d/.
This seems to work.

5) Does this kind of move create any problems?

I have moved pages between groups by simply changing the file names.

6) Does this kind of move create any problems?

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668