[Pmwiki-users] Upgrading from 0.6.19 to 2.0.19 on VMS

Brehmer, Daniel brehmer
Wed Jan 19 23:08:19 CST 2005

Hello,

I have been running PmWiki on our VMS machine for a while now and recently decided to try upgrading. There were a couple simple problems and another that has gotten too deep into the code for me to follow. Perhaps someone who knows it better will see the fix more easily. The simple things were that simuledit.php and trails.php both were missing the ending ?>. Doesn't that give anyone else trouble?

The more involved problem shows up on line 904 in pmwiki.php with the warning:
Warning: No ending delimiter '/' found in /$web/root/xraywiki/Wiki2/pmwiki.php on line 904

The line is:
      if ($p{0} == '/') $x=preg_replace($p,$r,$x);

And the offending regular expression is in $p when $p has the value:
/\b(?>(http:|https:|mailto:|ftp:|news:|gopher:|nap:|file:|<:page>|PmWiki:|Cookbook:|Wiki:|UseMod:|Meatball:|Wikipedia:|PITS:|

As you can see, there is no ending delimiter '/'. I can sort of follow where that is constructed, but I get lost. This is the first time I have looked at much php code. The 2.0 wiki is running at http://www-ssrl.slac.stanford.edu/xraywiki/wiki2/pmwiki.php. The functioning site can be seen by the same link minus the wiki2/pmwiki.php.

Thanks for any help you can give,

-Dan