[Pmwiki-users] Question about lists

chr@home.se chr
Thu Jan 20 07:25:42 CST 2005

Hi

Since I just wrote a suggestion about lists, I started wondering
something. How often do people write unnumbered lists v.s. enumuerated
lists v.s. mixed lists?

The reason I ask is that I can't remember the last time I used pmwiki to
write an enumerrated list...

And if I'm not the only one who isn't writing enumerated lists using
pmwiki, what's the reason? I have a vague idea I stopped using them
because it was impossible to write something like this:

	# Item n:o 1
		Something in between
	# Item n:o 2

and have it render like this:
	1. Item n:o 1
		Something in between
	2. Item n:o 2

(As a sidenote, I feel I have to say that when I wrote articles and my
dissertation I used enumerated lists rather frequently, but that was using
LyX and doing the above was not a problem).

Maybe we actually would like something that allows us to continue the
enumeration of the list. Here is a markup off the top of my head (perhaps
HTML doesn't allow you to do this).

	# item n:o 1  [[#label]]
		Something in between
	(:#-continue label:) Item n:o 2