[Pmwiki-users] Natural home for examples

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Jan 21 08:12:25 CST 2005

Neil Herber writes:
> Is there a group or an area on PmWiki.org where such examples would have an
> natural home? Or should I just post things on my public Wiki? I prefer the
> former because then it brings the discussion to PmWiki readers who may not
> be on the mailing list. But I favor the latter because my system is always
> much more responsive than PmWiki.org, which seems to suffer from slowdowns
> at various times.

The "Test" WikiGroup on pmwiki.org is a natural place for placing
examples and trying things out -- that's where I place most of my
examples and try out or demonstrate local customizations for others.

Sorry pmwiki.org has been unresponsive lately.  I'm on a shared web
hosting service and sometimes the load levels from other applications
cause pmwiki.org to run really slow.  Many times I'll run the Unix
uptime(1) command and see load levels above 50, and it often exceeds
100.  (For those who are familiar with unix uptime, you'll know that
anything above 10 is often considered "high", so an uptime of 50 means
that the system is seriously overloaded.)

I'm currently looking into getting a server where pmwiki.org won't
be impacted by others' applications.  I'm hoping to be able to
switch off of pmwiki.org's current server within two weeks -- I actually
have several domains and sites that have to be coordinated as part
of the switch.  :-(