[Pmwiki-users] OFF TOPIC question about Eudora

Sven Opitz VGer at gmx.info
Sun Jan 23 18:15:21 CST 2005

Hi,

> Question 2: Does anybody have any idea what this "Emacs!" means?? I have
> searched the Eudora knowledge base to no avail.

That depends.
1. It could mean the Emacs editor
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/emacs.html . Anyone in the Linux/Unix
World knows this great tool (although I prefer vim, but that is another
story and shall be told another time)
2. If you write HTML-Email (AHHHHH!) it could be the title or the alt
tag of the picture.
3. Could it be the picture was called emacs!.jpg?
4. I don't know, how Eudora handles this, but maybe you said create an
ascii email, and the word emacs was taken from your clipboard (where you
stored it before), while the picture was simply ignored.
5. PM is correct and it was stored in the comment field of the jpg.

Bye
Sven