[Pmwiki-users] Motivation for special line continuation (was: Idea for extension..)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Mon Jan 24 02:46:47 CST 2005

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005, Menachem Shapiro wrote:

> Are you saying something like this:
>
> ---
> 1. This is the first item. it consists of two items:
>     1. This is sub item one
>     2. This is subitem two
> 2. This is the second item. It consists of two items:
>     1. Sub item one
>          1. Sub - of sub item two
>     This is an added point to item 2, but doesn't get a number
>     2. This is the second Sub Item
> 3. etc.
> ---

Hi Menachem

I'm not aiming for something as complicated as that because I wouldn't
expect to be able to get the line
	"This is an added point to..."
to insert properly. That's beyond the scope of this idea (that
functionality is desireable though).

All I'm suggesting is that I'd like to avoid having to use a line
continuation character '\' and instead be able to write markup like this:

	# This is the first item.
	# This is the second item which is so long that
	  I want to write the markup over several lines
	  instead of on a single line.
	# This is a third item.

which might render like this:

	1. This is the first item
	2. This is the second item which is so long that I want to write
	   the markup over several lines instead of on a single line.
	3. This is a third item.

regards
Christian

PS. Would you mind not top-posting? I get so many messages each day that I
have no idea what you are replying to if you don't put your reply *after*
my post. If you have no idea about top-posting v.s. bottom-posting, see

	http://www.md.kth.se/~chr/etc/README_en.shtml