[Pmwiki-users] Re: custom wikistyle -- help?

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 12:19:16 CST 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:41:02 -0700, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> Looks like the above (with semicolons) works for me -- see
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/Commentary .

Indeed it does, and it works on my test wiki, now that I've figured
out what was happening.  See, I've been troubleshooting combinations
of recipes and custom markups, to find a mix that does what I want and
doesn't break anything.  In that mix was this:

## [[text > target]] KEEP BEFORE titleof.php!
## based on [[text -> target]] from beta 19
## doesn't break built-in version, and copes with spaces or lack thereof
Markup('[[->','>[[|',
  "/(?>\\[\\[([^\\]]+?)\\s*-?+&gt;\\s*)(\\S.+?)\\]\\]($SuffixPattern)/e",
  "Keep(MakeLink(\$pagename,PSS('$2'),PSS('$1'),'$3'),'L')");

If this rule is commented out (which it often was while figuring out
what kept breaking titleof.php), PmWiki dumps anything in config.php
after the ?> in the above at the top of the page.  My custom wikistyle
definition was after that rule.

It took me some time to figure out that text after the ?> probably
weren't getting interpreted.  Now that I've debugged the titleof
breakage, the rule is enabled again, and my custom wikistyle gets
handled properly.

Mind you, I think it would be good to figure out why config.php chokes
like that; there's a lot of similar-looking regexps in the standard
markup script, and someone might decide to modify one.

Bronwyn