[pmwiki-users] is it possible to convert a UseMod wiki to pmwiki?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 24 15:27:33 CST 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 01:58:14PM -0500, Gautam H. Thaker wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I have an existing UseMod wiki. It is not too large, but manual recreation
> of it under pmwiki would still take a few days. Is it possible to somehow
> use UseMod wiki database under pmwiki (after some mostly mechanical
> conversion if needed)?

Sure, it shouldn't be hard to do.  Is there a way I can get a copy of
a UseMod wiki database to play with?  How does UseMod store its pages --
as flat files or in a MySQL table or...?

Also, how do you want to handle the difference in naming conventions?
UseMod has "subpages", while PmWiki has groups -- and while they serve
similar purposes they're different enough to be challenging to convert.
(Unless, of course, your site doesn't have any subpages, in which case
we can just put all of the pages into one WikiGroup and be done with it.)

I'll be very happy to write up a UseMod -> PmWiki converter, if there
are people who can help me test and debug it.