[pmwiki-users] Re: Cookbook recipes updated for beta 19 compatibility

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Tue Jan 25 16:24:23 CST 2005

On Wednesday, 26 January 2005 1:28 AM, chr at home.se wrote:
>> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExtensions
>
>Maybe you could ask Patrick to activate MarkupExtensions for a page called
>[[Markup extenstion examples]], which we could use to give
>examples/documentation of the extra markup? As it is the cookbook page is
>kind of full.

A good idea, particularly as some depend on the browser's support for CSS
(such as run in heads and small caps), so may not work in all environments.

>Another thought is that maybe it'd be nice with an easy way to choose
>which of these markups you activate? (Without having to edit the actual
>script, which will break as soon as you download the latest
>version).
>
>Or do they have a lot of inter-dependencies?  For instance, I'm not to
>happy with how 'Q:' is rendered right now, how could I
>deactivate that?

In principle, we just need an array of $MarkupsEnabled.
An administrator could then write, for example:

   $MarkupsEnabled['dropcaps'] = 0;

to disable drop capitals from config.php.

I'd need to check the interdependencies, though.

--
JR