[pmwiki-users] Limit Google Duplicates of PMWiki Documentation Results?

Robin robin at kallisti.net.nz
Tue Jan 25 21:09:29 CST 2005

On Wednesday 26 January 2005 13:42, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Well, as with many things that are "toggles" or attributes, I often
> think it's better if this particular feature is done using markup--
> something like (:norobots:)--rather than a toggled attribute.
I disagree, as if the attributes thing is used, then you can easily set it on
the page, the group, the group minus a couple of pages...
I know that can be done with group headers and so on, but it seems that
attributes give more flexibility, as you may not want to change the header
contents.

Also, I don't necessarily agree that you'd want that version
controlled...search indexing is something that happens somewhat 'out of
time'. Also, it is something of an access thing, rather than a content thing
(which makes more sense going in the markup).

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>             JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0xA99CEB6D = 5957 6D23 8B16 EFAB FEF8  7175 14D3 6485 A99C EB6D