[pmwiki-users] Re: Page name pattern

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Fri Jan 28 03:00:57 CST 2005

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> [Pm continues catching up on old emails...]
>
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2004 at 09:07:47PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> > On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, this is now default in 2.0 (to better support calendar pages).
> >
> > What is the pattern for page names these days?
> > * Practical interpretation
> > * reg-exp
> > * which variable?
>
> The pagename pattern is held in $NamePattern, the default value is
>
> $NamePattern = '[[:upper:]\\d][\\w]*(?:-\\w+)*';
>
> which basically says that a page name begins with a digit or
> uppercase letter, followed by any sequence of letters, numbers,
> underscores, and non-consecutive hyphens.

Hmm.. I wanted to add the actual regexp to some wiki page, but I didn't
want to add it to

	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/BasicVariables

what do you think of creating a page for a more advanced discussion of
variables? Would a name like 'BasicVariablesAdvanced' be stupid? Or
perhaps 'BasicVariablesInDepth'?

/Christian