[pmwiki-users] Make URLs not case sensitive?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 28 08:48:51 CST 2005

On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 02:22:24PM -0800, Menachem Shapiro wrote:

> I am running a wiki on a Linux server. The URLs are case sensitive so:
>
> http://otterprojectonline.info/pmwiki/main --> 404 error
> http://otterprojectonline.info/pmwiki/MAIN --> wiki page not found error.
>
> Is there any way to turn this off and make it that all of the above
> URLs go to pmwiki/Main ?

Case insensitivity is hard to achieve on OS's that aren't already
case insensitive.  The only reliable way to do it is to convert filenames
to lowercase before reading/writing files (i.e., wiki.d/main.homepage
and local/main.homepage.php).  I've been thinking about providing this
as an option -- how many people would be interested in such a feature?