[pmwiki-users] pruning page histories

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 28 08:53:32 CST 2005

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 09:33:51AM -0800, Menachem Shapiro wrote:
> B"H
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:11:28 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
> <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I see from the help that there is a variable, DiffKeepDays - if I set that
> > > to some low value, say 10 days, what happens at expiry: is the old history
> > > truly pruned from the wiki files, or is it kept but just not shown?  If
> > > really pruned, this is likely what I want.
> >
> > The old history is truly pruned from the wiki files.
> >

> Is there a way to prune by revisions instead of days? In other words
> only make the last x amount of changes visible?

Do you literally mean "make the last x amount of changes visible" or
do you mean "keep only the last x amount of changes"?  They're different
questions -- i.e., we could change the Page History display to show
only the last ten changes but still have more than ten revisions
stored in the page itself.