[pmwiki-users] Authorname in RSS feed

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 28 14:00:41 CST 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 10:55:21AM -0900, Chris Lott wrote:
> Let me try that again--they are the creator of the changes, though,
> and certainly the creator of a new page...
>
> I'm no expert in the format of RSS. I just know that for my purposes
> it would be useful to see, while using an RSS reader, some idea of the
> changes and who made them... I suppose that reference could just be
> injected into the content stream above any diff output!

I've also found it tough to figure out how one would display the changes...
I guess we could always simply display the first few lines of the
change history, as opposed to the first few lines of the page itself.
But I'm not sure that grabbing lines out of the middle of a page is
useful content in an RSS feed -- maybe it is, but it just feels "wrong"
to me somehow.

Better would probably to standardize the ChangeSummary script and have
the change summary placed in the RSS feed if the author provides it.