correction! Re: [pmwiki-users] Make URLs not case sensitive?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 28 15:35:05 CST 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 04:20:41PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> At 2005-01-28  04:15 PM -0500, Neil Herber is rumored to have said:
> >>      - the case of the title as it appears at the top of that page
> >        my Photoshop Page
>
> I mistyped.
>         my Photoshop page
>
> Mind you, in a case-insensitive system, that wouldn't matter!

Okay, I answered to quickly in my previous message; so you can ignore
that answer and replace it with this one ... :-P

It does matter, even in a case-insensitive system.  It may not be
important for purposes of locating the correct page, but it's very
important in terms of getting the title at the top of the page
to display as a *title* (which is what my question was asking about).
I'm pretty sure that the first word of a page title should be
display with an uppercase letter, not a lowercase one.

And saying that if I wanted the first word to be capitalized that
I should've written the original link as [[My Photoshop page]] is
wrong too, since I'm pretty sure that "my" should not be capitalized
in the middle of a sentence unless it's being used in an honorific sense.