[pmwiki-users] Make URLs not case sensitive?

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Fri Jan 28 16:23:52 CST 2005

At 2005-01-28  03:29 PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud is rumored to have said:
>Okay, but given that the URL being used to create the new page is (from
>your answer above)
>
>     http://www.example.com/wiki/group/myphotoshoppage?action=edit
>
>how does the edit page form know that the first 'p' is supposed to
>be capitalized?  The edit form has no information beyond what appears
>in the url -- i.e., it can't look back at the page you were previously
>on to determine the case from there.

I had not thought about the form's inability to pass on the word spacing,
which is the real problem since it can pass on the case of individual
characters.

Hmmm...

One possible solution might be to explicitly insert the spaces

         http://www.example.com/wiki/group/my%20photoshop%20page?action=edit

with the page title "My Photoshop Page" -  but what if the OS-viewed
filename? Should they include the space?

I tried a sandbox entry like this:

         Be sure to see [[my easyJet page]] where

which renders as:

         Be sure to see my easyJet page where

and links to:

         http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/index.php/Guest/MyEasyJetPage

and has a title:

         My Easy Jet Page

(I have WikiWord spacing on and WikiWords off).

How can I get that to read:

         My easyJet Page

(which was my intent)?

(Corporate name from    http://www.easyjet.com/en/book/index.asp )