[pmwiki-users] Alt. default way to generate page title from page name

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Jan 30 09:47:19 CST 2005

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 01:26:43PM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:

> Maybe there should be a configurable option for how page titles are
> generated/rendered by default? So that the page
> 	GlobalWarmingMayCauseTsunami
> would have its default title shown as
> 	Global warming may cause tsnunami
> rather than
>       Global Warming May Cause Tsunami

Okay, how about this approach:  Let's leave page names as they are now,
but when someone creates a new-page link using
[[global warming may cause tsunami]], the edit form pops up with

    (:title Global warming may cause tsunami:)

already entered in the textarea.  I.e., the (:title:) uses the case
of the edit link but capitalizes the first letter.  The author can
then easily see and modify the default title.  The page name would
still be GlobalWarmingMayCauseTsunami, which keeps it readable and
usable in urls, filenames, configfiles, etc.