[Pmwiki-users] Preventing "comment spam"

Hans design at flutesong.net
Mon Jan 31 06:29:16 CST 2005

Monday, January 31, 2005, 12:08:47 PM, Neil wrote:
> I had hoped that the rel='nofollow' attribute would be switchable via
> config.php such that:

> 1) by default it is turned off - the current behavior, does not break
> existing sites (by break, I mean does not change the behavior that authors
> are used to)

> 2) can be turned on for wikis where URL approval is not required

> 3) if the URL approval script is installed, becomes a bit of a moot point,
> and so is turned off

Re 1) It is turned on by default, and I welcome that, since it prevents
      wikis to be automatically "link farms" for generating search engine
      ranking.
Re 2) Turning this off should be an easy option mentioned in
      sample-config.php.
Re 3) I agree. If url approval is installed rel='nofollow' should be
      turned off inside config.php. Urlapprove.php should carry a notice to
      this effect.

Best,
~Hans